The NSHSPTO sponsors grants available to faculty to help enrich the learning experience provided to our students. Some of the grants made possible through the NSHSPTO include:
- Photographic laboratory equipment - Fine Arts Department
- 2 Epson Laptop Overhead Projectors - Math Department
- Digital Depository Front Load Safe - Business Education Department
- Refrigerator for the School Store - Business Education Department
- Price machines for the School Store - Business Education Department
- MakerBot Replicator 2X 3D printer - Robotics Club, DDP
- Study Carousels - Library
- Green Screen and Green Screen technology - Technology Department
The PTO is pleased to announce the purchase of two EPSON overhead projectors that will help assist math students present their work at upcoming Math Fairs. This grant was coordinated by Mr. Cousins and Dr. Gerver of the Math Department. The overhead projector will travel with the Math Fair students this March.
The PTO is pleased to announce the purchase of the MakerBot Replicator 2X, a 3D printer that is currently used by the ROBOTICS Club as well as the Design Drawing for Production (DDP) class. This Teacher Grant was coordinated by Mr. Cousins and our teachers, Mr. Peroni and Ms. LeMar. The ROBOTOCS Club (Team3950) is participating in the FIRST ROBOTICS 2014 competition at Hofstra University at the end of March. The new 3D printer is fundamental in building a "winning" robot.